Pinterest Facebook Blogger

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Connection, (11 x 14), Acrylic Painting

This painting I call The Connection. It reminded me of a story I read about how the leash is symbolic of an umbilical cord. The leash acts as a life giving connection between us humans and our pets, where we depend on each other for companionship and love.

I created this painting for my friend, it is of her and her great companion, Barnie, who has recently passed. I used a reference photo from a wonderful day at the beach with her, myself and our two dogs. I loved the way Barnie use to look up at her with such trusting eyes as if to say "you are my world, I'll go where ever you are". I think I captured it in this painting...may we all have such love in our lives, whether it be from our human or animal friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment